This week Maren Morris tweeted her fans to comment about the number of male country music artists who have turned their hand to owning bars in downtown Nashville and that when she can afford to she will be opening one called My Church.
She isn’t wrong in her remark either. While Florida Georgia Line opened FGL House in 2017 and Jason Aldean has recently opened up Jason Aldean’s Kitchen and Rooftop bar on Broadway they were by no means the first to make this jump. Dierks Bentley expanded his Whiskey Row restraint chain to Nashville in 2017 while John Rich also opened Redneck Riviera Bars in Nashville and Las Vegas in the same year. Alan Jackson owns AJ’s Good Time Bar while Jimmy Buffet owns the national chain of Margaritaville, which includes the soon to open Margaraitaville hotel in Nashville (as well as locations around North America and the caribean), casinos in Tulsa and Vegas and over 25 restaurants. If Maren was to open My Church, she would also join bar owners like Blake Shelton (Ole Red Nashville), Toby Keith (Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill) and Gavin DeGraw (National Underground, Nashville).
With Maren suggesting she would use a song title to back her project if it ever became a possibility, we’ve had a thought of some other country artists who have readymade brand ideas.
- Dan and Shay have shown their love for Tequila in the hit song of the same name so how about All Nighter Tequila.
- Canadian band James Barker Band can surely host an outdoor venue called Lawn Chair Lazy
- Little Big Town are surely ready to open a beach front venue by the name of Pontoon
- If Frankie Ballard ever fancies starting up his own Whiskey brand he can go with Sunshine Whiskey from his track Sunshine and Whiskey.
- Kelsea Ballerini and Carrie Underwood could compete against each other with Stilettos and Before He Cheats
- We know Sam Hunt enjoys a House Party but how about a club called Speakers?
- As Kip Moore likes spending some Beer Money surely he can leave Nashville behind for the English countryside to set up a quaint pub called The Bull.
- Cole Swindell likes bringing it with beer so a music venue called Swayin’ would go down well.
- One name I was surprised to see not already venturing into this market was Luke Bryan. With many drinking story hits a chain of Suntan City restaurants could be a good place to start.
For now we just need to wait and see what the future holds for Maren Morris and a chain of My Church bars as if anyone can show that girls can do it too its Maren. In the mean time we will leave you with the video for Marens smash hit, breakout song, My Church