- Who would you love to collaborate with?
JD McPherson. The first time I heard,"North Side Gal," it kinda blew my mind. I love his voice and his style.
- Where do you draw inspiration from when writing?
I'm incredibly visual, so oftentimes, I'm kind of picturing a movie of sorts in my mind, and writing to get those visuals to paper, in words. Does that even make sense? haha.
- Is there a professional “bucket list” item you would love to check off?
I would LOVE to play the Hollywood Bowl. Growing up near LA, it's been a staple in my life. I know it'll happen one of these days.
- Do you write about personal experience, the experience of others, observations, made-up stories, something else, or a combination?
Definitely on polar ends of the spectrum, a combo: I write both things that are incredibly personal and true to my life, AND I write completely fabricated tales. I've been very lucky in love and so if I can't personally relate to a heartbreak, I will make something up entirely. But then, 3 of the songs on this EP, "High In The Valley," "Outsider" and "Things Take Time," are all very personal about my journey as a human and the pursuit of my dreams.
- Recent release you cannot stop listening to?
Recent-ish: I think The Highwomen record is absolutely BRILLIANT. Not only is it stunningly produced, but also the songs are just perfection. You can listen top to bottom without a skip. Several songs on there are like, "I wish I would have written that" songs.