We are becoming very familiar with Canadian artists this side of the Atlantic having welcomed many of their biggest names including Tenille Townes, Brett Kissel, Tebey and James Barker Band to name just a few in recent years. This week we caught up with Ontario based band Strumming Stories to find out more about them and their take on the country music genre. Having already released three songs in 2021, they are wasting no time in getting their name out there as they now build-up to their fourth release, Crazy, on Friday (16th April).
1. How would you describe the sound of Strumming Stories? We like to think of our sound as Blue Collar Country Rock!! The music side pulls influence from growing up listening to our Dads blast the rock and southern rock classics on every road trip. Our lyrical side is very much rooted in storytelling which is more a straight country music influence. Mashing these 2 influences together and pouring our heart and soul into every song is what gives our music that special feel!
2. How does it feel to be releasing new music again? Releasing new music feels great because it gives us a chance to catch new listeners every time. We also want to keep our already existing audience super entertained by giving them lots of new material to choose from as often as possible.
3. Having released one single a month so far this year, what kind of reaction have you had to the 3 releases? Of the 3 releases this year Maybe Mexico has had the best response so far. You never really know how a song is going to perform till it's out, however that song hits heavy and you can tap your foot to it pretty easily.
4. What can we expect from the next single Crazy? Crazy is all about the melody, you will find yourself listening on repeat and humming along in no time. It's a song about love and finding the one who you are so madly in love with that it drives you "Crazy". You would do anything for this person to show your love for them. This song is straight from the heart and is written all about a special person close to us.
5. What can we expect from Strumming Stories for the rest of 2021? We are not taking our foot off the GAS AT ALL for the rest of 2021, there will be steady music releases and we plan to keep growing our podcast as well. The podcasts are bi weekly (STRUMMING STORIES PODCAST) we like to dive deeper into the meanings of the songs we are releasing. Giving people an inside look at how Strumming Stories operates day to day.