Buckle and Boots Quick Fire Five with Taynee Lord
1. How are you feeling about getting on stage at Buckle and Boots? We are superrrr excited for our very first Buckle & Boots. Being able to get back to playing and seeing live music is such a joy and we can’t wait to get on the farm!
2. What can the crowd expect from your set? Lots of fun energy and songs that tell stories that hopefully people will be able to either relate to or know someone else who can.
3. What encouraged you to want to play Buckle and Boots? Buckle & Boots is like the heart of country music for fans in the U.K, the fact there’s a festival here filled with country music is so amazing and we were so eager to be apart of it. We are very grateful to get the opportunity to share the stage with some amazing talent but also get the chance to perform in front of an audience who genuinely loves the same genre as us. It feels like a true community which is such a great thing to see
4. What is your favourite song to play live? It’s hard to choose as it changes all the time depending on my mood but I think my favourite track to perform at the moment is our song from our first EP ‘Like The Midnight’ as it has high energy vibes & I love the guitar parts to rock out to
5. What 2 facts should we know about you? When I was younger I could sing before I could even walk. I couldn’t even crawl when all my friends the same age could run but I would sit and chat away & sing all day long. Soo… if I’m honest, not a lot has changed haha.
My first concert ever was to see Dolly Parton when I was 10 years old. I’ve always loved country music from a young age and admired Dolly’s sparkly costumes! I secretly love to sew & often make my own costumes
Taynee Lord and the Crookes will be performing at Buckle and Boots at 5:45pm on Saturday on the Paddock Stage
True country music is honesty, sincerity, and real life to the hilt. Garth Brooks