1) What are you most looking forward to about playing Buckle and Boots? Chris & Chantelle: We played the festival in 2016 so we are looking forward to getting back and seeing what has changed and also getting to meet new people. Playing on stage is always something we love to do and we cant wait to show people the new show. Also, if we remember rightly, there were some amazing food stalls, so we will be checking them out again and of course we enjoy hearing new/original music.
2) What can fans expect from your set at the festival this year? Chantelle: We are bringing a whole new set to the festival, playing strictly new material that we released over the pandemic every 6-8 weeks. A new line up in the band will be another change from the previous performance with Chris and I being the only original members. We have spent the last couple of years really refining our sound and ensuring we are playing and performing to our highest quality. Our set will be lively and fun, hopefully something for everyone to enjoy.
3) What is your favourite song to play live? Chantelle: The honest answer to that question is pretty much every song in the set. Each song has a different meaning to us, the vibe of each song transports us into a different world and therefore our favourite songs change every five minutes. Although, I will say that our highlight songs are “I Want You” and “Highway to the Lost and Found”. They are at opposite ends our scale and are the most fun to play as a band.
4) What other artists are you excited to see on the bill? Chris: Buckle and Boots tends to be a catch up with allot of artist friends and followers who we don't get to see all the time. So we are very much looking forward to the social element of the festival. In term of music, we are looking forward to seeing Georgia Nevada as we have supported each other journeys and collaborated on socials, it will be fun to see them live! Would also be cool to check out When Rivers Meet as we’ve heard allot about them recently.
5) Will the festival crowd get an early listen to any new music? Chris & Chantelle: To many people in the crowd our set will be all new music. But, to anyone who has seen us before we will be playing lots of new music that hasn’t been played live at any gigs or festivals yet.
True country music is honesty, sincerity, and real life to the hilt. Garth Brooks