Buckle and Boots Quick Fire with Tim Prottey-Jones
1. How are you feeling about getting on stage at Buckle and Boots? I have been buzzing for Buckle and Boots for months now, especially since I was able to rehearse with my band back in May. Having essentially launched a solo career during the pandemic, this will be the first full band show of my music and I couldn't be more excited.
2. What can the crowd expect from your set? We've got a really polished set of tracks for the festival crowd, they show diversity, personality and a real power thanks to the amazing musicians I'll have with me. Lockdown provided me with the time to write, produce and sculpt many tracks that I hope will be perfect for festivals and shows and not just for an album or EP. These songs are meant to be heard live!
3. What encouraged you to want to play Buckle and Boots? I was lucky enough to headline Buckle and Boots a couple of years ago with my band at the time, (The Wandering Hearts), and I fell in love with the setting, the people and the whole vibe. I wanted to experience that again with my new music and I have a feeling I'm going to love it even more second time around.
4. What is your favourite song to play live? There is a track that I am yet to release which is called "Exit Wounds" and if ever there was a song meant for a festival crowd, then it's this one. It's the track the band can't get enough of playing and I think having that and my brand new single "Fire" book-ending my set, I hope to have people feeling like they've been on a really fun journey!
5. What 2 facts should we know about you? Randomly, I used to teach Karate & I have also been a winner on the TV game show Tipping Point!
The final tickets for the festival are on sale now.
Tim will be playing at 8:30 on Sunday evening on the Paddock Stage
True country music is honesty, sincerity, and real life to the hilt. Garth Brooks